Professional Screenplay Proofreading, Copy Editing & Script Formatting Services
John Madormo, a Chicago area screenwriter, author, and college professor, has created a body of work that has attracted the attention of motion picture producers and publishers. John has sold a family comedy screenplay to a Los Angeles production company, is the author of a mystery series with a major New York publisher, and was recently named the Grand Prize winner of a national writing competition.
Here are just a few of his accomplishments:
- John is the author of a four-book series with Penguin Books for Young Readers. The middle-grade mystery series, "Charlie Collier, Snoop for Hire," is a tale about a 12-year-old private detective who sets up shop in his parents' garage and solves cases for fellow sixth-grade classmates. The debut novel, "The Homemade Stuffing Caper," was released in May, 2012. The sequel, "The Camp Phoenix Caper," was released in February, 2013. Book #3, "The Copycat Caper," hit bookstore shelves in 2014, and Book #4, "The Buried Treasure Caper" debuted in 2017.
- John sold a family comedy screenplay, "Coach Dracula," to Dog & Rooster Productions, Studio City, CA. (Sheri Bryant will produce; Greg Aronowitz will direct). The film is currently in pre-production.
- He optioned a family comedy screenplay, "Two-Faced," to Doris Roberts
("Everybody Loves Raymond") Enterprises. Ms. Roberts and her manager-son, Michael Cannata, held the rights for 3 years.
- John Madormo completed a screenplay adaptation of the middle grade novel,
"The Ghost of Lizard Light" by Elvira Woodruff, for Flatiron Films (producers of the 2000 release, "Pay It Forward," starring Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt).
- John is also the author of "The Adventures of Rutherford, Canine Comic," the story of a basset hound who dreams of becoming a faithful and fearless watchdog, but who must settle for the life of a stand-up comedian. The first book in the series will debut in the summer of 2019, and will be published by Zumaya Publications.
- He also signed a contract with The Wild Rose Press (Adams Basin, NY) for a young adult novel titled, “The Summer of Guinevere.” The book will be released in the fall of 2019.
Copyright 2019 - John Madormo - Professional Screenplay Proofreading, Copy Editing & Script Formatting Services - All Rights Reserved.
John has placed in the following screenwriting competitions:
- Grand Prize winner in the Reno Film Festival Best Synopsis Contest, and received First Place Award for Best Family Film Synopsis ("Paulie Perkins, P.I.")
- First Place winner for Best Family Film Synopsis at the Reno Film Festival for Best Synopsis Contest ("Dream Machine").
- Top 10 finalist in the BenderSpink Open Door Screenwriting Contest ("Paulie Perkins, P.I.)
- Finalist in the StoryPros Award Screenplay Contest ("Paulie Perkins, P.I.")
- 2nd Place in the Comedy Division at the Chicago Screenwriters Network Midwest Screenwriting Contest ("The Boys' Club")
- Top Ten Finalist in the Movie Script Contest Golden Brad Awards ("The Boys' Club")
- Semi-Finalist in the Scriptapalooza International Screenplay Competition ("The Boys' Club")
- Finalist in the WriteMovies.com International Writing Competition ("Kid Comedy")
John has also entered into option agreements with the following production companies:
Paulette Breen Productions
Bonnie Raskin Productions
Doris Roberts Enterprises
Dog & Rooster Productions
And he is represented by the following agents:
Literary Agent (screenplays)
Beverly Grant Associates
P.O. Box 550807
Atlanta, GA 30355
Literary Agent (manuscripts)
The Nicholas Ellison Agency
92 Mather Road
Stamford, CT 06903
Having taught screenwriting courses at the collegiate level for more than three decades, John provides professional screenplay proofreading, copy editing, and script formatting services to aspiring screenwriters, whether they are first putting pen to paper, or wish to polish up a completed screenplay.